The ability to share files within your homegroup can be set based on your preference in the HomeGroup settings. For us to identify if the file sharing issue is caused by the update or an option not being retained in the HomeGroup setting, we’d like to ask for additional details.
Please confirm the following:
1. Aside from installing an update, have you also made any recent changes to the HomeGroup settings?
2. What specific update have you installed before the file sharing stopped working? To check the Update history, follow these steps:
- On the Search bar, type Settings.
- Open the Settings app from the search result.
- Click Update & security and check the Windows Update section.
- Click the Update history link.
3. Check if the file and printer sharing is enabled in the Advanced sharing settings in the Control Panel.
For initial troubleshooting, you can run the built-in troubleshooter for HomeGroup by following the steps below:
- On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
- Open the Control Panel from the search result.
- Click View all and locate HomeGroup.
- Click HomeGroup and follow the on-screen guide to run the troubleshooter.